Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tinkerbell [2008]

Rating: 4/10

Director: Bradley Raymond

Writer(s): 

J.M. Barrie (characters)
Jeffrey M. Howard (written by)
Bradley Raymond (story)


Being an animation/special effects movie enthusiast, one might think I'd give this movie a good rating. Well, surprise surprise, there is more to movies than just good animation. The animation quality of this movie is 'Disney quality', and that translates to 'very good!' (for me atleast). The fairies are very cute too. But, in my opinion, the good points of the movie end there - only the animation is good, and that too is not something unusual when compared to the animation in the rest of the Disney films.

The main character in the movie, Tinkerbell, is annoyingly interfering. I wouldn't like someone not letting me go without having a conversation, when all I want is to be alone for a while. Tinkerbell is a compulsive talker, always wanting to have a conversation with everyone she meets. After sometime, you really start getting irritated with her character.

I have not discussed this movie with a kid, but maybe kids won't mind watching this movie. They might even like it. But, my humble advice to big children like me is to stay away. 


One good point of the movie that I have not mentioned above is the moral of the story: 'Always, always stay true to yourself''. A good advice and one that, maybe, makes it ok to recommend a watch for the kids. I would just hope the kids don't learn, from Tinkerbell, how to irritate people.



No comments:

Post a Comment