Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Lord of the Rings


Let my first post be in the honour of my all-time favourite movie.

Le seigneur des Anneaux.. :)

I loved this trilogy! The first time i watched this movie, I was awestruck, and marvelled the craftsmanship of the special effects crew. And being someone who really admires movies with great special effects, i found this one to be a visual delight.
But, I had not yet read the book, and realised the full beauty of this masterpiece only after I had read the book.
Peter Jackson's depiction of Tolkien's world is a wonderful piece of imagination. Since then, i have watched the movie quite a lot of times, and i really love it. According to me, it is the one and only movie that has actually lived upto the standards of the book it is based on. Although i had a bit of a difficulty matching my image of Arwen and Eowyn with the ones on-screen, i loved the star-cast. Viggo Mortenson is very convincing as Aragon, and Orlando Bloom is sweet.
And the music is awesome! i really love the soundtracks 'Into the west', 'May it be', and 'Breaking of the Fellowship-There and back again'. And when i got to know A.R. Rahman had been a part of this orchestra, it was an ecstatic moment for me. I love his music.. :)

My Rating: 5/5

Salut! Enjoy Life!


1 comment:

  1. really this movie worth watching...its a mixture of fantacy and drama...Rehman along with other created a mazic as usual.while wathing you will be fascinated by its special effects, i promise.and also the dilogue delivery of every cast is awesome...really great..i m just guessing how fantastic this movie would be becouse till date i haven't seen this movie....u know...if u will go through book u will find it really amazing...there is so many iffs and buts.....
    like movie i haven't read this book too.

    ReplyDelete